TCS HackQuest Season 5 Campus Commune Challenge for freshers students of 2021 batch across India. The Contest is only for 2021 batch of B.E/ B.Tech /M.E / M.Tech / BCA / MCA / BSc / MSc (IT and Computer Science) from all the relevant institutes in India.
About Campus Commune: TCS Campus Commune is a place where students get to interact with peers and TCSers. It helps the students stay informed about the company and also gives them a means to hold thoughtful discussions on a variety of topics.
Interactions on the platform happen through Channels — interest based spaces to discuss topics ranging from technology to interview-related help. The platform also hosts exciting contests related to various engineering, tech, and business domains.
Introduction of TCS HackQuest Season 5:
Hacking as an organized activity has gained more traction recently. It certainly seems less menacing compared to the last couple of years and the rise of ethical hacking has emerged as a much-needed counter control to organized and state sponsored hacking activities. Given the prevailing pandemic where end points of organizations have also “gone home”, it is essential now more than ever for the massive ethical hacking community to be ready to keep a hawk’s eye out there.
We need to create an army to protect data with the same zealousness of an army that guards a country’s physical borders. We need them to be conversant with the way data is stored, moved, and used. With the network line blurred between office and home, our data is more at risk than ever before. How can we ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our data?
In this backdrop TCS Cyber Security practice is looking for students and enthusiasts who have a passion for ethical hacking and in general securing the digital future of organizations engaged in transacting millions of data points across the world
Important Dates of TCS HackQuest Season 5:
TCS HackQuest Season 5 registration starts on: 23rd November 2020, 08: 30 UTC
TCS HackQuest Season 5 registration ends on: 20th Jan 2021, 18:30 UTC
Overview of TCS HackQuest Season 5 in 2020:
HackQuest started in 2016 as an earnest attempt to unearth specific talents who exceled in playing their favorite game – Catch the Flag! Based on the popular ‘Catch the Flag’ (CTF) format, the contest presents a set of challenges to be completed in 6 hours. Each challenge evaluates their ethical hacking skills and their special competency in finding vulnerabilities. In the end, associates are awarded with special prizes and potential job offers from TCS in the Cyber Security Practice.
The contest is open for the 2021 batch of B.E/ B.Tech /M.E / M.Tech / BCA / MCA / BSc / MSc (IT and Computer Science) from all the relevant institutes in India.
Disciplines of TCS HackQuest:
Students from all Engineering disciplines with Bachelors or Masters degree are eligible for the contest provided that they meet the TCS recruitment criteria. Candidates trained in Security domains as listed below would be given preference:
- Application Security
- Network Security
- Java/J2EE, php, python, GO
- Information security & risk management
- Ethical Hacking
- Any security specific certification like Security+, CEH, ISO-27001, etc
Registration of TCS HackQuest Season 5:
- Any number of students can register for the contest with participants above 18 years of age and completing their graduation in the Academic year 2021 only.
- Students should not have any open back papers
- To participate in this contest all students should be registered on campus commune. If they are not already registered, then should register using TCSL’s NextStep portal– https://nextstep.tcs.com Campus Trainee (CT)/ Direct Trainee (DT) Reference Number is mandatory for participating in the contest.
- Once Contest registration begins, all interested participants would be required to register for the contest on Campus Commune.
- Each registered participant will be receiving a unique credential to take part in the contest. This credential is of utmost importance to take part in the contest rounds and should not be shared between other participants
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Starts: 23rd Jan, 2021, 04:30 UTC
- Ends: 23rd Jan, 2021, 12:30 UTC
- Takes Place Online
- Grand Finale
- Starts: 9th Feb, 2021, 04:30 UTC
- Ends: 10th Feb, 2021, 12:30 UTC
- Takes Place At the Venue
How to apply/register for TCS HackQuest Season 5 Campus Commune Challenge for the 2021 batch?
Apply Link or Registration Link for TCS HackQuest Season 5: https://campuscommune.tcs.com/en-in/intro/contests/hackquest-season-5-0