TCS InfraMind-Season 4 Powered by TCS CBO: TCS Campus Commune is conducting TCS InfraMind Season 4 in 2020. Candidates belong to 2021 batch, 2022 batch, and 2023 batch are eligible for TCS InfraMind Season 4 Challenge.
Introduction of TCS CBO:
TCS Cognitive Business Operations (CBO) is a global leader in providing Datacenter, Cloud and Digital Workplace Transformation Solutions. TCS Cognitive Business Operations (CBO) works with over 500 customers across the globe, many of whom are Fortune 500 companies.
TCS CBO has a workforce of 80,000+ people spread all across the globe. CBO offers a promising career across our broad range of offerings and solutions. TCS CBO has nurtured talent and has encouraged the spirit of innovation through platforms such as Innovista, Ideathons. TCS CBO as a strategic service line of TCS, participates in co-innovating with its clients and constantly seeks from its associates new ideas that can create shared-value for its customers.
The overall objective of the contest is to develop an ecosystem of students who can participate and compete meaningfully in a TCS CBO domain.
With a broad range of offerings across every technology and capability to address every nuance, TCS CBO is a perfect platform for individuals to aspire for a stellar career in the trending technologies within the IT industry. Through the contest, the participants will experience a slice of these very technologies and be mentored by the key SME Team who would be guiding the participants through every stage of the contest.
1) Sustainability & Wellness:
Sustainability can be defined as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs; encompasses environmental, social & economic aspects
Business now needs to understand the concept of People + Planet = Social + Environment Responsibility and to focus on social and environmental concerns just as they do on profits. They should now be committed to integrate environmental, social and ethical principles into its business which is central to improving the quality of life of the communities.
2. Enterprise AI:
Redefined experience to customer with increased satisfaction & delight has been the key objective of the enterprises today. AI (Artificial Intelligence) plays a vital role towards transforming various different enterprise business processes, through infusion. These business processes could belong to Horizontal functions (Marketing, Human Resources, Service Desk, IT Infrastructure, Workplace, etc.) or Vertical Industries (Banking, Finance, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail, etc.). Rapid innovation in this field and its corresponding application has been instrumental towards adoption in software products, solutions, hardware & devices resulting in accelerated value to customers.
3. Autonomous Infrastructure
Autonomous Infrastructure is designed to automate the Infrastructure Life-Cycle management from build to decommission. It leverages Machine Learning functionality which helps to assimilate the information that it needs to take care it of self. It monitors the overall utilization of the ecosystem in various aspects i.e. CPU, Memory, Disk, Network and create the pattern of utilization. Based on trend it will recommend and automate the sizing of the infrastructure in an effort to avoid performance problems. Autonomous Infrastructure helps to reduce the manual intervention and also minimize human error. An Autonomous Infrastructure can help organizations minimize that spend and boost service assurance, resulting in broad business benefits.
4. Hyper Connectivity:
World is moving from Connectivity to Hyper-Connectivity with diminishing boundaries and is enabling real-time communications, in-line with Business 4.0 requirements. Hyper-Connectivity brings the concept of a single network where IT & OT integration is becoming more pertinent with the advent of new technologies such as Edge, Wi-Fi -6 and 5G, etc. This brings the issue of co-existence of networks, technologies and infrastructure. Further, faster speed, high reliability, ease of use, end user experience, application aware networking, security, dynamic network state prediction, etc., are some of the key requirements which have to be full filled in the world of Hyper-Connectivity.
Important Dates of TCS InfraMind Season 4:
Starting date to apply for TCS InfraMind Season 4: 19th October 2020, 10:30 UTC
Last date to apply for TCS InfraMind-Season 4: 15th December 2020, 18:30 UTC
OverView of TCS Inframind –Season 4:
Participation Guidelines for TCS InfraMind Season 4:
Contest is open to the following students as mentioned below:
- B. Tech/BE/M. Tech/ME – all disciplines from batches of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- Other Bachelor/Master degree courses (BSc./MSc./MCA/BCA) in Computer Science & Information Technology from batches of 2021 and 2022.
Guidelines of TCS InfraMind-Season 4:
- Students need to register on TCS Campus Commune to participate in the contest.
- This is an individual contest and no teaming up is accepted.
- The infrastructure required for the development of the solution shall be borne by the respective student or the institutions they represent. TCS will not be liable for any uses or possible damage to the infrastructure which may be caused by the students during the contest.
- Entries submitted after the round/contest end dates will not be considered for evaluation.
- Students will not be required to procure any hardware or software, they can propose hardware’s or use simulators available on internet if required.
The contest will have 3 rounds.
1. Online Quiz
- Students who register for Inframind can take the first round which involves taking a quiz on Campus Commune.
- The quiz would have MCQs from the areas of IT IS.
- No negative marking applicable for wrong answers.
- Every question on the quiz will carry a specified time limit and the overall time taken to complete the quiz will be a criteria for evaluation as well.
- Students will have to use their personal device to take the quiz.
- Quiz will have 3 levels with 30 questions in level 1, 20 questions in level 2 and 10 questions in level 3. Every correct answer 1 having 2 marks per correct answer, level 2 having 5 marks per correct answer, level 3 having 10 marks per correct answer.
Shortlisting to the next round will be on the overall performance of the team and the total time taken by the team to completed the quiz round.
2. Prototype Submission & Video Presentation
- Students qualifying from round 1 alone can take part in this round.
- Students can choose a problem statement from any of the four problem statements given to them and they need to submit their prototype for the chosen problem statement.
- A sample problem statement and sample solution will be provided for reference – closer to the start of the round..
- Students will also need to showcase a working model based on which problem statement they are choosing.
- Students will have to submit a PDF / Word Document of around 500 words online on the solution of the chosen problem statement and upload a video on YouTube (15-30 min) focusing on Working Model Architecture/ Prototype of the same.
- The submission needs to have the following:
- Hardware and Software used
- Technology used
- High-level architecture
- Approach to the solution
- Flow chart of the solution
- Code (Github)
- YouTube link (Working model/prototype of the business case should be captured)
- Students can choose any development platform for implementing their application /automated part of their business case.
- Webinars will be arranged with the SME Team/ Mentors on each topic to help guide the students effectively.
- Students need to categorize their video as “Unlisted” in YouTube and include the same as part of the submission document. Submissions without the YouTube Link would be considered as incomplete and would hence be disqualified.
- Evaluation will be based on the presentation of the students in the video, the working model/ prototype of the application development / Automation of the business case, Communication skills, technical knowledge and the overall personality of the students.
3. Hackathon & Grand Finale
- Top 20 students shortlisted for the final round (Hackathon) will require to work on a fresh business case basis the topic chosen in Round 2. Students will need to build the architecture, demonstrate their technical knowledge and develop the prototype for their respective use cases. There will also be an interview round for the students to assess their potential and capability.
- Final round will be conducted either virtually or the students can travel to the nearest TCS office to attend the same.
- If the student wants to attend the final round virtually, he or she should be equipped with the necessary infrastructure. The entire round will be monitored virtually and the students should ensure to use web cam for the same. Students whose final round cannot be monitored virtually will be considered disqualified.
- If the student is willing to travel to the nearest TCS office, he or she can utilize the dedicated infrastructure provided by TCS. Technical Labs will be set up and used for the demonstration and for the assessment within TCS premises.
- The decision to accommodate the student in the nearest TCS office is based on the prevailing situation during that time and the location of the student. The decision of the process owner is deemed final.
- The option to travel to the nearest TCS office is applicable for only students who reside in India.
How to Apply for TCS InfraMind-Season 4?
Contest Round of TCS InfraMind Season 4:
Online Quiz date of TCS Season 4 InfraMind:
- Starts: 18th Dec, 2020, 05:30 UTC
- Ends: 18th Dec, 2020, 12:30 UTC
- Takes Place Online
Prototype Submission & Video Presentation date of TCS InfraMind Season 4:
- Starts: 24th Dec, 2020, 18:30 UTC
- Ends: 1st Feb, 2021, 18:30 UTC
- Takes Place Online
Hackathon & Grand Finale date of TCS InfraMind Season 4:
- Starts: 22nd Feb, 2021, 06:30 UTC
- Ends: 26th Feb, 2021, 14:30 UTC
- Takes Place At the Venue